MB Mercedes Benz Folding Bike 2001

Adrian M.

Retro Newbie
Hello everybody,

This is my first post. Found this forum two days ago, and from what I've read so far, I'm in the right place :D .

I know almost nothing about bikes, and the last one I owned was during my childhood.
From the start, I want to mention that english is not my first language.. and that I really need your advice.

I recently bought the bike in the picture and I need some help in order to get it to it's best condition possible.
Does anybody know anything about this model? I've seen it with the Amp F4 fork on some pics (was it retrofitted, i wonder? ) and with some regular looking air fork (anybody know the manufacturer and model? ) SO my question is, what kind of fork should i get for it, if the F4 is not the right kind..

After replacing the fork, i will still need to find the original folding pedals, the original seat, the original travelling bag it came with, and the original water bottle and support. Any ideas where I could find such rare items?

I just finished taking it apart and cleaning every piece by hand. Monday i will take the body, rims and some other parts to be sandblasted and coated with transparent lacquer so that the aluminium shines again.

The mechanics part are original (Shimano Deore xt), and in good condition so I will keep them. I know this is a big project and I know that I will need some help to get it done, so I thank you all who will take the time to reply to this topic.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 988
ha well technically you're in the wrong place,this is the pre-1997 section, but anyhoo.

That looks like the original fork for that bike, the bike with the AMP fork, is in fact an AMP Bike with MB re branding.

AMP_B4_MB_10.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67518

then there is what you have, not the same thing, no AMP fork...

Mercedes-Benz-folding-mountain-bike.jpg

http://www.foldingcyclist.com/Mercedes- ... -bike.html

Re:

There was a trunk bag for sale on eBay not too long ago. Your lucky I didn't grab it. I don't know if it sold or not.

Back