Mayhem -Cake based cake thread with extra cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
John":1gwz3gwd said:
Have Nobby and THM ever met? Could be like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

116597-bill-murray-ghostbusters-meme-LWwb.gif

Re:

Malt loaf is a good standby.

Malt loaf is indeed a fine energy food, matched with an apres ride application of home made bread pudding, mmmmm food of the gods.

As I have mentioned before, last week I was in Scotland for some pre-Mayhem preparation. I found myself in the excellent position of having a coffee / cake shop on the ground floor of the building I was staying in, and after several rides I was able to partake of the following 'home made' cake: Orange and apricot cake, carrot cake and lemon drizzle (a favourite). There was also a large fruit cake on offer, but I didn't fancy the inclusion of whiskey in it's recipe.

In addition, as part of the sportive entry, all finishers got a free meal, which included a chocolate cup cake... not a cake I would normally try, but it was excellent and the cream and slice of strawberry on top really made the whole ensemble complete.

What a perfect week, sunshine, road and off road riding and a cake shop on the ground floor.

So, totals for the week, 1 x home made flapjack (while on the sportive), 1 x choc cup cake apres, 1 x large slice orange and apricot cake, 1 x large slice carrot cake, 1 x large slice lemon drizzle cake and there were also several Tunnock's Caramels consumed (I love em), but as these are stickily speaking biscuits, we will let them pass.

Never the less, not a bad total for the week, given that many cake eating hours were actually given over to cycling.

retroyetirigid":29w17pj1 said:
My other half will be making some Malteaser cake you me to bring to the event.
This is the kind of dedication to the cause that should be a shining example to others.

Been in Training with an M&S extra chocolatey birthday cake this week. No birthday, reduced to £2 from 7! Sweeeet. Almost finished.

The History Man":17coiiqt said:
Been in Training with an M&S extra chocolatey birthday cake this week. No birthday, reduced to £2 from 7! Sweeeet. Almost finished.
Keep up the gruelling schedule THM.

It's tough, but it is ultimately worth it.

Won't have time to bake so will be shop bought here. Sorted out my general menu though

in order

chilli, supper, (cake) bacon, elevenses, (cake) hotdogs, afternoon tea, (cake) curry, supper, (cake) fried spam and possible cake finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back