Mayhem 2017 Team "New Old Stock" Sub Thread

xxnick1975":10x04k3n said:
Few tweaks required but this is the bunny, my current daily commuter....

^^ from previous page

Give it a darn good clean and a check over and leave as is, thats the perfect Retro ride there,
love the top box as well, that's sure to have the commentators waxing lyrical
....especially if you can pop past a few on 29'ers with all the kit and no idea (AKNI)

If the history man had this as is rider he'd tape a teddy on the top box and pretend its a tandem

I've amended the team sheet on Pg1, and if anyone wants to do the opening lap Nick is up for swapping

theres still a few gap to fill so if anyone want to plug them even with a third lap fill yah boots
if NOT having lights is putting you off then check this out

http://www.exposurelights.com/mountain- ... light-hire

no long now guys :LOL:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,334
tim75":l5wkg9vq said:
I don't mind a third lap or maybe a double lap if that makes it easier?

Nice one

might be worth dropping Coleman a PM and see if you can bump him down the order one spot
with him picking up the dawn lap and see if you can do a double before him.

Spud

Re:

Back to back night laps are cool.

I was in an undermanned team last time I rode Mayhem and did a back to back, it was really enjoyable.

Re: Re:

NeilM":75f3sewo said:
Back to back night laps are cool.

I was in an undermanned team last time I rode Mayhem and did a back to back, it was really enjoyable.

I'm not the least bit religious but witnessing the dawn of a new day whilst out in woods on my bike with little more than the thumping beat of my heart for company was quite a profound experience

even riding the home straight to the start/stop area via the track running though the camping area was surreal as you witness life just waking up.....

dare I say it, it was almost a spiritual event :shock:

Even to this day it remains one of the most powerful memories I have of my time at Mayhem and I have a lot of good memories from the events over the years.

Amen :LOL:

Re:

The night time hush around the start / finish area at 2/3/4am and eating home made lemon drizzle cake with a hot cup of coffee at dawn, having just finished a night lap are really what Mayhem is all about for me.

Others like the noise and crowds and music, I like the peace and quiet and silence in the woods and in a sleeping camping ground.

Re:

I'll give you the fact that at 3:30am last year it was peaceful.... the only time I saw Andy quiet ! having finally surrendered to the beer.

When I go back my palette wasn't quite so discerning nor educated to run to Lemon drizzle... cold Pizza here !

Mr Party Animal (Any123) in fully effect below

Attachments

• just before 4am and the party animal gave up.jpg
    just before 4am and the party animal gave up.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Any123 and his Guiness Bucket.jpg
    Any123 and his Guiness Bucket.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Andy in full swing.jpg
    Andy in full swing.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 1,293
Coleman said he doesn't mind and is happy to do the dawn lap so I could do a double lap if everyone is ok with that?

So long as Colemans okay it won't effect anyone else so I'll amend the running order as it fills a gap and joins everything up nicely

Back