Wanted Mavic A719 rims

worzelrummage

Old School Hero
As above really. Need rims to rebuild wheetset but can't seem to find any at a reasonable price.

On a side note, have Mavic stop making the A719? And if so what have the replaced the line with?

Cheers

Mavic no longer exist
If you are rebuilding you need to state number of spoke holes reqd & type of rim width etc.
Condition new used approx price you are prepared to pay

I think chain reaction had some recently. They're not made any more. There are two versions of them so be wary as original ones are better than the newer version.

Expect to pay £60 to £65 a hoop for them now. They have gone up 15% in the last year. Tbh, unless your really pushing the limits try A319. Its got about a 30kg less load rate, if memory serves, but you would need to be seriously loaded up! They are pinned rather than welded, but they are both machined surface ( ub control) so limited difference in that respect. 30g heavier....but on a tourer....who cares...

Plus they are less than half the price.

Personally i would use Sputnik £19 each....bit heavier..but unbreakable. Well....i never have...built several sets with no issues even in extreme use.

Back