Masi Faema by Giuseppe Pela

Re: Re:

torqueless":1akp33v6 said:
Re-introduced braze-ons that had fallen out of fashion around the time of the introduction of Campagnolo Record/Nuovo Record

I had never thought of this in this terms - i.e. I would never have thought that braze-ons were common in the early 60s or before... Do you have pictures of bikes of these years prior to Record components that have these features?

zerogravitas":28mw17i2 said:
Stunning paintwork. Wonderful job, and a beautiful choice of scheme.
Thanks for your appreciative comments... Since you're at it could you please tell whether the Faema logo is or not located a bit too low on the head tube?
Obviously everyone is more than welcome to share their thoughts about this ;)

Looks like your inspiration has a taller headtube which makes it hard to compare (along with the Speciale decal). Looking at your repaint it seems like the F logo is centered, but with the design treated as a whole from the very bottom bar to the top of the 'spire' part, where it might have looked better with the 'F' central on the tube as that's what you 'read.' The red space would then appear more even to the eye. Getting nitpicky though, it looks fab. ;)

Re:

Yep, that's what I think... The logo should have been centered onto the headtube using part of the drawing only - the part that catches your attention, and not taking into account some smaller and less noticeable details such as the spires and especially the central and taller one...
So the question now is whether this should be left as it is or visually corrected through the use of the "modello speciale" decals...?
(I will intentionally leave aside reworking the painting and decals on the head tube)

I like how clean it is without the Speciale bit, having that detracts a little from the crisp bold graphic of the main logo.

Re:

zidortri":4sxik3we said:
torqueless":4sxik3we said:
Re-introduced braze-ons that had fallen out of fashion around the time of the introduction of Campagnolo Record/Nuovo Record

I had never thought of this in this terms - i.e. I would never have thought that braze-ons were common in the early 60s or before... Do you have pictures of bikes of these years prior to Record components that have these features?

I don't know how common they were, but apparently, yes. Here is a link to my previous thread- feel free to contribute:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=366625

zerogravitas":2vz0fulu said:
to the top of the 'spire'

Actually it is a spire, or a set of spires, as the Faema logo represents the "Duomo" - Milan's iconic cathedral, once again in full display a few days ago...

Latest posts

Back