Masi Faema by Giuseppe Pela

Re:

Not yet I'm afraid - I still haven't received the frame back... As soon as I get it I will start assembling. I will share the progress and present a few "interesting" solutions :)

Re: Re:

zidortri":3bsl3jot said:
Not yet I'm afraid - I still haven't received the frame back... As soon as I get it I will start assembling. I will share the progress and present a few "interesting" solutions :)

Looking forward to it.

Re:

Hi - did you manage to finish this?
I have an old Pela frame myself and I'm keen to do something similar. Could you tell me who did the shotblasting and paintwork, it looks like they did a great job. Thanks

Hi - did you manage to finish this?
I have an old Pela frame myself and I'm keen to do something similar. Could you tell me who did the shotblasting and paintwork, it looks like they did a great job. Thanks
Hi there,
Apologies for this late reply - I have not checked this forum for ages...
Those who did this great paint job are Rychtarski from Poland. You can easily find their contact details on the internet.
Any issue just let me know 😉

Hi there,
Apologies for this late reply - I have not checked this forum for ages...
Those who did this great paint job are Rychtarski from Poland. You can easily find their contact details on the internet.
Any issue just let me know 😉

Hi Zidortri, a different question about paint. With the frame as you originally bought it was the name on the down tube a transfer or a stencil?

I’m asking because I’m looking into early 1970s Tommasini’s and he certainly used stencils, so would be interesting to know if this is another Pela technique he picked up.

was the name on the down tube a transfer or a stencil?

Hi there,
I don't remember for sure but, as the frame, when I picked it, had the name of a local club sponsor - Giai, I guess it was a vynil transfer.
In addition, if you look carefully at one of the very few picture I have of the frame as it was originally, you will notice that on the seat tube the lettering is slightly damaged, as if it had been scratched off...
It also seems that the letters are outlined in black, and that fine line would have been quite difficult to achieve with a cut stencil....

Attachments

• IMG_20230414_080221.jpg
    IMG_20230414_080221.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: DSH
Re: Re:

I had never thought of this in this terms - i.e. I would never have thought that braze-ons were common in the early 60s or before... Do you have pictures of bikes of these years prior to Record components that have these features?
My old 61/62 Viking Medallist has braze ons for rear brake cable on top tube, pump pegs under top tube, rear derailleur cable guide on top of BB and stop on chainstay drive side. Picture if you want one.edit; and gear lever mount.

Last edited:
My old 61/62 Viking Medallist has braze ons for rear brake cable on top tube, pump pegs under top tube, rear derailleur cable guide on top of BB and stop on chainstay drive side. Picture if you want one.edit; and gear lever mount.
It would be actually quite interesting to have pictures of frames from the early 60s with brazed-on features. That could trigger an interest on those "innovative" frames - and frame builders from that era 😉

Hi there,
I don't remember for sure but, as the frame, when I picked it, had the name of a local club sponsor - Giai, I guess it was a vynil transfer.
In addition, if you look carefully at one of the very few picture I have of the frame as it was originally, you will notice that on the seat tube the lettering is slightly damaged, as if it had been scratched off...
It also seems that the letters are outlined in black, and that fine line would have been quite difficult to achieve with a cut stencil....

Thanks for getting back on this. Now I am at a proper screen it Is much easier to see. The colour does look very similar.

Back