Marzocchi XC needed to help a little dude.

development_cycle":2995q4bj said:
apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I just dug out the lowers which still have the leg uppers and brace attached. the valve heads look fine so I've put some air in them and will let you know how I get on. I am pretty sure I have all the bits to put them back together if they hold air. Probably could do with a service though, as although both legs popped back up when I pushed down on them, they were a little squelchy sounding. Definitely an ideal donor fork for what you're talking about doing. Not sure if 16" wheels is a little optimistic though as that's a whole 5 inches effectively you'd need to chop off (depending on the a-c measurement of his rigid fork)

No worries,
Yes it is a stretch, I have managed to find a seal set for these old things so I can service them. I can get nearly 4inches by making a mount for the highest hole. I am trying to take up the slack with fatter tyres and mount the stanchion a little lower. if all else fails I will try mounting the fork crown upside down. where there a will....
How much do you want for it?

well I have found the forks, they are partly dismantled, and after much searching, although I have no idea why, there appears to be no crown/steerer present. I must have acquired them this way. They are of no real use to me to be honest and probably have no real value, so if you can source a crown/steerer, all the bits I've got are yours for postage, or if you're not in a rush I can just fling them in the car next time I come down.

Back