Marin Team Issue?

greencat

Senior Retro Guru
Picked this up today from a friend. He reckoned it was a 93 Marin Team Issue. Can anyone confirm? As he also said it had plenty of original parts...which is certainly somewhat doubtful. I think it appealed because it might be a Prestige frame and I loved the one I used to have back in the 90s. And I could do with a zippy commuter to get me off my ebike.

IMG_7474.jpg

Now I'm no expert but as far as I know the cable guides on the headtube would indicate its a Team model as I don't believe the other models had the guides mounted there. Of course you can always decode the serial number. There is a thread here on the forum about it or Google marin serial numbers and you will find the thread. That will most likely tell you model, size and year etc.

As an aside using the above logic regarding the cable guides I spotted this for sale recently. Once I got it home and looked up the serial it was indeed a 94 Team so a nice little buy.

20220723_155054.jpg

Here's the link for the thread I mentioned.

Also with regards components you are right. Quite a bit of that has been changed I would say.

Picked this up today from a friend. He reckoned it was a 93 Marin Team Issue. Can anyone confirm? As he also said it had plenty of original parts...which is certainly somewhat doubtful. I think it appealed because it might be a Prestige frame and I loved the one I used to have back in the 90s. And I could do with a zippy commuter to get me off my ebike.

View attachment 647331
They look incredibly similar. Good find

The fork isn't original so that's not definitive unfortunately. The bottom bracket code is M23...which again according the thread above isn't definitive either 😂

Not that it matters that much as it likely will just get ridden rather than attempting to restore to factory spec.

Ah try this thread. That would indicate a Marvel built Team (not team issue) but I think the 2 frames were the same, certainly the case with my 1994 as I looked into it.

Back