Marin Suspension Forks

Hi, I tried them once many years ago some Z2 Atoms, always found they bottomed out to easy, never had a problem with rigid forks.

Hi, it may be the case i have to use suspension but I wouldn't know where to start these days im now a slim 100kg, I dont think there is a shock out there for that weight without incurring more costs upgrading, I only got the bike because I prefer it for exercise to try and loose some weight lol.

I think the seller did say when the brakes are on you can see the movement between the seal and fork leg.

Well, yes, that would be your problem right there.
Internal bushes either worn or missing, probably not cost effective to repair them.

You could look for some similar retro suspension forks In good condition. This would be the cheaper option & more in keeping with the bike

Or more modern forks with a straight steerer should work, if they will take V-brakes, the longer fork may affect the handling somewhat though.

Hi,
Ive had a look over this morning and the play is in the left leg, you can see the movement with the brakes on and rocking, but the right seems ok, Im assuming the shims can be removed on another note the middle and outer chain rings need replacing :(

Back