Marin Palisades Trail vs Bobcat Trail - what differences

Ugo51

Retro Guru
Hi guys,

Are there substantial differnces between the Palisades Trail and Bobcat Trails?
I am talking about the retro versions of these bikes, obviously.
Do they share the same frame?
I think I read somewhere Palisades had plain gauge tubing, while Bobcat was double butted Tange tubing. Is that right?

Cheers

I think it was the other way round, Palisades had double butted tubing as it was higher up the range. The Palisades frame was shared with Bear Valley.

Re:

Not much in it. Where bobcat was introduced in 1993. Palisades is a
Life term-er, maybe geometry a little different?

In terms of group set and catalogue pecking order, rather similar.

For me, the only deal maker would be price (lower better) and condition, if I was
forced to decide between two offers.

Thank you.

I already have a Bobcat Trail frame, and I think it is double butted. At least, it had a Tange double butted sticker on it...

Now I'm considering buying a Palisades Trail bike, which looks in good conditions. I'll see it in person and decide on the spot if it's worth taking :)

Really struggling to remember, but I seem to recall (certainly for 1991 ish, which would be pre-bobcat), that the Palisades was the first one with a full cro-mo frame. Muirwoods and Bolinas lower in the range were main frame, and set tube only, respectively.

The frame description in the catalogues is different for the two - either CroMo plain gauge on the Bobcat or some HiTen tubing. Geometry looks the same.

Back