Marin FRS Rift Zone

Re:

As you know I was also told on here that my bike needed a 165mm shock, well that is now on eBay! Makes you wonder where the incompetence truly lyes!

Re:

I think I've bid on yours unless it's the one starting at 50. Hmm well I'm 80% sure I measured mine and it was 185...

Re:

Either wait till you get home and measure it or go with what you know and buy a 7.25" shock as I have done.

I have set a low pressure and exercised the full travel of the shock with no interference.

The fox bushes are a delight to fit, I can give you the order numbers if you want, £28 a pair though!

Re:

Bikepedia indicates you have a 1998 Rift Zone that has 4" travel, same as my 2001 Shore Line Trail. You need a 7.25" rear shock, in new money 185mm (which in my experience is a 184.1mm Fox).

Of course I have already been branded incompetent by some posters here, so the caveat is go home and measure. Of course we both know what you need and it is not what the majority are advising!

legrandefromage":1beffyna said:
Receipt says 165/185

Is that eye to eye or absolute length?

Receipt says 184 x 44. That is what it measures centre of eye to centre of eye, what more do you lot need?

Latest posts

Back