Marin Dusk 'til Dawn Thetford - 4th October

Waiting for my lights to arrive before I can do any of that - should be with me in next couple of days.
Thing is I need to get used to off road clipped in - never been a big fan, road no problem but sliding about stuck to bike? shock horror :shock:

I'm going to check out Thetford asap - never been yet it's so close to me, I always end up in Scotland when I go anywhere for a wkend!

cheers

Thetford is a blast!

Lots of swoopy single track but don't think the lack of hills makes it easy. You never seem to rest because the only places you could, on the fire roads is where you can really crack on and make up the pace and also where you can overtake, so you never do get that rest you keep promising yourself.

Paul the organiser puts on a damn fine event, If anyone is going to be at the Marin Winter Enduro on 10th February, say Hi! I'll be the guy on the starting line with the starting pistol :D

I'm doing it in a team of 4. so far it's looking like a fairly shoddy team. all 4 never raced. and fitness wise there is: Me 2 mile comute every day and the occasional ride at weekends. one bloke who has never ridden off road before, another who is fit for running but the last time i cycled with him he almost collapsed after 5 miles and one who is quite fit but hasn't ridden for a while. It's not looking like we are going to win anything.

so far we are 50% retro ('93 kona and GT lts DH the carbon one) and 75% steel (on one inbred and charge duster) so at least we will be keeping it real. even if we only do 2 laps each.

But the aim is to have a definate goal to get fit for so it might all change by october.

I will be there with the Camera and to give give as much stick as i can to cannondale king .....

Prehaps i can take the Director sportif role :LOL:

cannondale king":mhxvhdzz said:
cant wait started the fitness training all ready so i can win :cool:

Thats the funniest thing i have read all year ...... Does anyone want me to share Dans Training regime .... on second thoughts NEVER MIND :LOL:

Back