New Loch Tay thread - Sunday 1st October?

Hopefully we will still have a good turnout :)
Just might need to ride a bit quicker in the first part to get to the tea shop so we get a seat inside.
Sop who is coming on this ride?

Jamie

Drove over from Aberdeenshire to Oban this evening - it IS wet out there! Especially torrential in the centre for a while. Waterfalls should be good in a couple of days :D

Check situation tomorrow perhaps.....

Re:

Just watched the forecast on BBC Scotland. Torrential rain and 30-40mph winds on Sunday morning. Rain clearing by lunchtime but remaining very windy.

I'm out. I don't see the fun it cycling in that.

Re: Re:

Hawmaw":169i4t7q said:
Just watched the forecast on BBC Scotland. Torrential rain and 30-40mph winds on Sunday morning. Rain clearing by lunchtime but remaining very windy...
I doubt Jamie will notice a wee breeze like that.

Good to see there's still some summer weather left. :)

Re:

OK - pulling the plug on this one - pretty much everyone now pulled out due to rain. Was in Glencoe today and it was dire, with slightly less dire spells and tomorrow's meant to be worse.

Will maybe try another date later in year but likely to be short notice :xmas-wink:

Re:

That's a shame but there was plenty of enthusiasm for this so I'm sure it'll happen once there's a better weekend weather wise.
I would've liked to come along but not been on a bike for quite some time so couldn't realistically see me doing the mileage and enjoying it (even at a slow pace) this time round. Been working all over the shop the past year and not been feeling great mentally and physically lately but trying to get this sorted out so hopefully I'll get out with you guys again some time soon.

Hope the situation improves mate and we get a ride in together soon. It's been too long.

Jamie

Re:

Cheers Jamie. Yeah things are looking better now and hopefully work will be a bit more steady over the next year, although might see me relocating if things pan out the way they look like they will (the joys of contracting I suppose :? ).

Definitely been too long, think that time up in Aviemore was possibly the last time I was out riding with you and Brian? (I've been out so infrequently over the last few years I struggle to remember :facepalm: ).

Back