Zolatone Marin freaks, what’s this??

Daddy Giraffe

Dirt Disciple
Can any Marin aficionados cast any light on this one? It’s (I’m assuming) a 91 BV but apart from the Exage LX biopace crank it seems to be kitted out entirely in 91 Eldridge spec (Deore LX hubs, rear mech, black Wolber rims, DX rapidfire and LX cantis as per ‘90 Eldridge. It came from a US airbase which would explain the colour scheme (this is original, Zolatone over blue paint) but the spec doesn’t match any BV I’ve ever seen. Obv could be unoriginal/upgraded at any point in 32 years but wondered if similar specced BVs had been seen before Cheers 👍 C3F7C5AE-FA5E-4E19-BC1F-E539D64435DB.jpeg

Race Bred rear stays point to a 1990 don't they? Could be an owner upgrade but I've also had Marin's of this era with odd spec changes which I assumed were due to using up parts at the end of the model year.

Race Bred rear stays point to a 1990 don't they? Could be an owner upgrade but I've also had Marin's of this era with odd spec changes which I assumed were due to using up parts at the end of the model year.
Thanks I thought the afterburners were Eldridge-up for 91 but could be wrong

Pretty sure even the lower spec bikes had the thicker stays in 91 and that the BV and Eldridge frame were the same?
Yes looks like you’re right, the 91 catalogue backs that up, lists the BV with Afterburners. So it’s a 90? Obv a look at the frame number would help but I’m not able to access the bike right now. Did an Eldridge have rapidfire DX in 90?

I've seen a couple of BV's in this colourway and both owners refer to them as 1990 models. Found this one online earlier

91 BV.jpg

I’d seen
I've seen a couple of BV's in this colourway and both owners refer to them as 1990 models. Found this one online earlier

Thanks, I had seen that yesterday while searching for info but decided it was a repaint, also the decals are colour coded

These are a euro colourway bear valley, I remember a few nos frames appearing on eBay.de a few years ago

Blue... Instead of black

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back