Marin Bear Valley 1989 x 2 - His & Hers? - 100% Original

Hi there
Thanks for getting in touch. I didn't actually...we decided to keep them! I've completely stripped, cleaned and serviced the bigger bike just a couple of weeks ago. It looks fantastic - didn't overdo it, it's got a fab late-80s patina. Starting on the smaller bike next week, and will do a similar job. We're both in our early 60s now, and back riding again on our old bikes. I guess we've got lockdown to thank for it? I'll post a pic of the bikes once they're finished.

If you're interested I do have a completely 100% original 1992 Specialized Hard Rock small/medium sized blue/green frame. Has all of its original Shimano Altus 620 groupset, Specialized tyres, seat etc. Again in very good nick. Let me know if you're interested? I'll be offering the bike on Retro Bike very soon.
cheers Graham

Re:

Thanks for replying Graham. In fact I'm really pleased you've decided to keep these and resume your enjoyment of them. Don't ever sell them unless you have to. These 89 BVs are quite special and worth looking after, especially as you have a matching pair (different sizes I know). I've got my eye on a genuine original 19" with only 2000 miles on it and it's in showroom condition. So now I know yours a no longer on the market I'll buy that one. Enjoy your BVs and keep your bodies moving ☺

Back