Manitou SX 2000 MTB Fork rebound piston had broken

Kiet Huynh

Retro Newbie
Dear everyone

My name is Kiet Huynh, i'm living in Vung Tau city Viet Nam.

my MTB front fork (type Manitou SX 2000 had broken rebound piston by over torque during maintenance. Please see more detail as attachment picture as below.
So that, anyone please show me where and how to buy that spare part via Ebay or bike website?

Or show me any type similarly part which can replace for piston or rebound rod.

Many thanks for you hep.
my contact email: kiethnt@phumytpc.genco3.vn

Attachments

• rebound piston.jpg
    rebound piston.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 17
Often when an old fork breaks, it's a time to find another similar for spare parts.
Many thanks for your reply.
It is very hard to find original part. So that I would like to find and order similar Manitou fork 's parts also.
However, i still not see any website that sale similar part.

I’ve got these for spares

Which may be same inside? I don’t ship outside the UK but many people use forward companies.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
How about posting a photo of the whole fork? Would be easier to help. Quick search at ebay showed many Manitou SXs for sale, for example this, that might be quite near:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I’ve got these for spares

Which may be same inside? I don’t ship outside the UK but many people use forward companies.
I think these are a bit earlier. Answer is to search for service manuals of both forks and see what's inside :)

Thank you for your support.
It is type of Manitou SX 2001 fork model for MTB 26 inch. However, I have just find damping rod only to repair for my fork, because it is too expensive if I buy all Manitou fork by shipping cost.

Attachments

• Manitou SX 2000 Manual.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back