Manitou Hardtail

i would say the bradbury manitou is right up there with the most sought after frames.
it was the first production bike doug brabury designed and is a true classic.
right up there with any frame you care to mention.
as scant says, they crack because doug was trying to push the weight limit of the frames.
i brought mine without noticing the crack.
i brought it because it was a frame i had always wanted back in the day, but could never afford.
the best reason for buying a retro frame in my opinion.
you can tell the value of these frames on the open market today because i sold mine on, as a cracked frame, at nearly 3 times what it cost me.
if i could find an undamaged frame, i would buy it tomorrow, and hang it on my wall.
and that's saying something, as i'm not into garage queens ;)

maybe thats a thread in itself, what are the rarest bikes :)

deffo bradbury manis are r'kin horse sh,t!!.... & sorry I spolit your day with the crack :(

scant, you didn't spoil my day.
you made it by putting me on to pete.
as one door closes....................
as they say in cannock.

by the way, if you want an undamaged answer manitou hardtail, you could always drop gilm a pm.
he should be able to sort you out. ;)

never meant to compare the two , god , i would love one of them myself

and as you say they can still sell even when cracked , for megabucks

i think the key word is " DESIRE "

we all wanted one of them , and you cant put a price on SATISFACTION

ummmmmm...

Still Im dumbfounded why so many appear cracked? Especially around the BB area, headtube etc? These dont seem to be typical "weld cracks" either - but seem to be from splitting due to headset and BB contact areas?

Any more case studies or examples? The frames werent especially light were they? I can see why a Pace would crack I guess - the tubes are dead thin and in comparison quite spindly, but these Manitous looked like they were built to survive...

Just a thought.

Back