Malvern Hills Classic 1991 - some photos

I was there, it was boiling hot. The whole atmosphere was going downhill freeride oriented. Massive crowds of drunken idiots, toilets tipped over, shit running everywhere. Not really a good place to be. Then the stabbing, someone drugged up so I heard decided he didnt like some dude. The atmosphere on sunday was bad, everything cancelled, people leaving and police everywhere. That I think was the last one.

Re:

Wow, that's disappointing to hear about such a classic gathering. You're right about it being hot in '95 (if I'm remembering it correctly) – I was at Glasto and it was blistering.

Zerothehero":2eoaaset said:
I was there, it was boiling hot. The whole atmosphere was going downhill freeride oriented. Massive crowds of drunken idiots, toilets tipped over, shit running everywhere. Not really a good place to be. Then the stabbing, someone drugged up so I heard decided he didnt like some dude. The atmosphere on sunday was bad, everything cancelled, people leaving and police everywhere. That I think was the last one.

Yep. All of that. Pretty sure no one was allowed in or out for much of Sunday. Police everywhere, only the Lake leap happened & that was sombre.

Re:

This is what it was all about!!!
Now everyone who has only ever heard the stories and read about the legends will get a chance to experience the real thing (or a re-incarnation of it). It's back next June :D

Attachments

• Dirt Rag day1edit.jpg
    Dirt Rag day1edit.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Dirt Rag day2edit.jpg
    Dirt Rag day2edit.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 374
Re:

Loved this bike race xc was just awesome there loads to see and do I did 91/92 raced a giant in 91 and Isla bike(zinn) in 92 Loved it.roll on 2018!

The dude got stabbed because he got so drunk and mouthy stripped of naked and climbed on top of the main tent, next thing we heard was he had been stabbed several times in his tent..

Back