Malvern Hills Classic 1991 - some photos

this got answered in a post i did a while back...i dont remember the details but my bro was at that one and he said the spirit of the meet just died .....he went the next time but he said it was not fun anymore.ps i was at this malvernes and loved it...the lake jumps were a good laugh...boy was it hot....took my shogun to this meet and saw some great stuff...did u see the saab with the strange roofrack adorned kleins..heres the link http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =malvernes

Aaaar............rigid forks, lycra helmet covers..................y'know, ye tell that t'the kids these days, they won't bloody believe thee!! :p

Is it just me, or were the summers better then, too?? (I think they actually wuz)

malverns 93' was very muddy thanks to the 4x4's i seem to remember

malverns_scene1.jpg

malverns_scene2.jpg

malverns_scene3.jpg

mud_malvern.jpg

Wow, very similar photos of the '93 event to those in my photo album, as that was the year I won the Youth category.

You can see one of my team mates towards the head of the field heading up the first climb, he's the one on the KHS (spot the pink forks). Apologies, but his name escapes me... Alan?.....

the last pic i think i was queuing up waiting to jet wash my bike, stupidly i jet washed my Ringlé hubs and managed to blast the logos off. i was gutted :LOL: I was also using tioga cranks which of course eventually cracked at the weld.

Amazing the difference in the kit from '91 to '93.
91 looked wrist shattering on all those straight blades, and already by '93 we were 2 fork generations on, and helmets had air vents.
Rose tinted years indeed. Class. :cool: :D

Me and group of mates went in either 94 or 95. The previous winter we'd been watching a video of Jez Avery and his moustache at Malvern. It was a great event, really well run and mind-bendingly-hot. We all rode in the lazy boys race ( i think it was called the fun class, despite it being full of first cat roadies !) Only one of us qualified to race in the final and his joy was soon tempered by the realisation that he'd have to get up and race round again in 30 degree plus heat. I remember someone beeping their car horn one evening and another car replying, pretty soon the whole place was alive with car horns. A few years later we looked at going back but it had vanished. I didn't know that someone had been stabbed - so many expensive bikes, it would have been easy for some scrote to pay the entry fee just to get in and start thieving bikes. I can see how an unpleasant situation could arise. It really was brilliant, the IOM end to end is pretty special but Malvern was great. Anyone know of anything similar ?

Latest posts

Back