Make it stop! Explosif

Re:

How did that happen? :D

025ab9d62d35c6e64ca33841f3a5bf9d_zpsc4e94917.jpg

Sorted out tyres for all three. The two MTBs are surprisingly similar in weight. Kula rides much more laid back, explosif more characterful and direct. Both nice. Jake is well, interesting. All three bring a smile.

Cheers buddy. Any idea on the age of the explosif? Number I can make out 218815?

Re:

Nice one mister ,

Kula feels more laid back due to riser bars probably .
Interesting that the weight is the same . Know which I'd chose to go out on , and it aint red ;)

The History Man":3173ye0x said:
Cheers buddy. Any idea on the age of the explosif? Number I can make out 218815?

No idea what that number signifies but not uncommon for Kona's to have a couple of number sequences under the bb.
Al-onestare was correct in saying there should be another number running alongside the opening to the bb shell. Probably starts
with an F and if I'm right a 1, 2 or 3.
Also, maybe you could pull the seat pin out and see if there's traces of the original color in there

Could you be more specific on location of numbers please? Will rub it back in the morning. Across along around shell under drive non drive side etc thanks

The History Man":2nwpecmm said:
Could you be more specific on location of numbers please? Will rub it back in the morning. Across along around shell under drive non drive side etc thanks

Just checked my '92 and the frame number run's along the non drive side opening of the bottom bracket shell between 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock, bit less than a cm wide. Don't know if that helps :LOL:

If you need it I can take a pic of mine in the morning ;)

Back