Magura HS33 with Evo Mount help.

I've never used boosters on my Magura's...if they stopped any harder they would fire me over the bars or tear the canti studs off :LOL:

Tallpaul":23kf4dua said:
If the 'booster' is only mounted to one caliper, what real use are they? I've read elsewhere that you don't really need them :?
The booster is bolted to one side, but slips over the head of the allen bolt on the other (where Harry's got it bolted by mistake). That makes the system rigid laterally, but means you can just slip the booster back off the allen bolt head when you release the QR.

You can run them without boosters, but the boosters stiffen them up a lot. You get a much firmer lever feel with them, and a lot less boss flex.

Having fitted these, this all now makes perfect sense :D

I'm extremely impressed with the quick release mechanism.

One question though, regarding torquing the bolts. My usual torquing by feel isn't working as the bolts don't have the smooth turn of a normal canti stud, how tight are people going with them (especially the bolts through the brace)?

Tallpaul":14ys1xnn said:
Having fitted these, this all now makes perfect sense :D

I'm extremely impressed with the quick release mechanism.

One question though, regarding torquing the bolts. My usual torquing by feel isn't working as the bolts don't have the smooth turn of a normal canti stud, how tight are people going with them (especially the bolts through the brace)?

That's a good question...for the first time I wish I hadn't sold my torque wrench....the 'feel' normally works. I'm just tightening them up so nothing moves :?

Back