Magura John Tomac...

lincs90smtb

Raleigh Fan
Afternoon all

I recently bought a 98 Kona Hahanna, which has some Magura John Tomac Edition brakes fitted.

I need to removed the wheels to swap the tyres, but I'm maybe missing something thats no doubt obvious.

I always wanted to own a set back in the day, but never really got them, so I might be seeming a bit thick about it!

I have pulled the little release lever on the brakes so it slackens the brake off, but I still cant get enough movement on them to get the wheels out.

Do I need to removed the brake boosters to enable me to do it, or is it a case of letting the tyre down first?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
That's a really tidy looking bike.

Iirc you literally need to remove the brake entirely which is why the opposite end to the qr side isn't bolted in, but has the hole in the brace that sits over the fixed bolt on the other side.

Thanks, a tad too much red accessories for me, but I will be updating my thread before the weekend with its changes

Thanks for the info on the brakes too, that will be great help

Just undo the brace bolt on the QR side and move it out the way a bit and you can slide the QR off then, no need to touch the other side.

Back