MacRetro chat and rides thread

velomaniac":2csqyd49 said:
Cannot repeat cannot get this dam photo posting bit right, giving up in disgust :x

smashed-computer.jpg

:LOL:

velomaniac":26hkjvhc said:
Kaiser, thanks for the advice about 1/8th pitch chain on 3/32nd pitch sprockets. No chain skip and quite quiet, so quiet in fact that I followed a fox down a bit of singletrack for about 50yards before it was aware of me :shock:

is that it???? no I was wrong you were right.....again.......even though you assured me it wouldn't work..............even just a few cheesy platitudes would be nice :roll:

:LOL: :LOL:

cool tastic

here is the new improved on-one, will bring it- the child is an optional extra that I might return to the shop :LOL:

on-one-1.jpg

:roll: Look forward to seeing it. Looks good with the Judys too. :cool:

I see master clockwork is blessed with your fine head of hair. :shock: :LOL:

Kaiser, us east coasters are by nature reserved, think yourself blessed to have received a 'Thanks' ;)

But anyhoo, Dave and me hit Glentress on our SS bikes and yet again despite his obvious fitness faults Dave showed he could ride a butchers bike fast round the red route. Mind you the ride was also punctuated by Daves lax aproach to bike fettling, he was still adjusting his brakes, he realised he'd put a rather high gear on 38/18 because he had not checked the number of teeth :roll: But, and here lies his genius, he chased down and overtook a group of full sus riders at least 3 times, plus scaring many individual riders, the Red Mist descended many times :LOL:

Best bit for me was when a group of modern bikers over took us on one of the final ups. They were heard to say, 'I've just noticed those two guys are on old single speed bikes, Bonkers !' :LOL:

I'm looking forward to Dalby now as I now know Dave has been really sucked in by the lunatic fun of SS. We are both now contesting last place, I still think I'm the worst :cool:

12 mile run tonight, haven't been timing myself but did so tonight and was pleasantly surprised :D fitter than I thought. Plannin a 20 mile commute tomorrow on the fixed but I'll see how the legs are :roll:

Well i'm back to driving an HGV for a living so it's no excercise at all and a diet of Red Bull and Ginsters pasties for me :LOL:

So who is on for Pollock park on Sunday ?

Back