MacRetro chat and rides thread

zigzag":359ero88 said:
Take a wee look at Wattboards Jim - it'll give you some of the Strava premium data analysis for free (power profile and heart rate zones). Pulls your Strava rides automatically.

I'll check that out.

Re:

The date for next years Scottish Enduro Series :D

SES RND 1 14th 15th April Wolftrax
SES RND 2 19th 20th May Innerleithen
SES RND 3 16th 17th June Ae Forest
SES RND 4 4th 5th Aug Dunoon
SES RND 5 15th 16th Sept Pitfichie
SES RND 6 13th Oct Fort Willam

Calling all single-speeders.... do you use just one chain tug on the drive side? Or one each side?

I'm asking because previously used one each side , they were On One chain tugs and I found them a bit of a faff to adjust. I'm thinking of getting one Surly tugg nut for the driveside this time instead.

One each side, although one could do the job. I regard them as fine adjustment positioning aids rather than chain tugs. I never need to use any more force than finger tight on the adjusters.

The wheel should be able to clamp tightly enough to the dropout not to need a chaintug.

It's a quick release wheel, I've had issues in the past with quick release wheels slipping. (I guess the answer is to build a specific SS wheel eith a nutted axle).
Surly claim you only really need one of their (£20) chain tugs on the drive side.
I'm not so sure...
The (£3 each) On-One chain tugs did the job but I found them fiddly to adjust.
(Plus the Surly one doubles up as a bottle opener.... ).

jimo746":xugexh0w said:
It's a quick release wheel, I've had issues in the past with quick release wheels slipping. (I guess the answer is to build a specific SS wheel eith a nutted axle)....
Or use a Shimano basic QR with cheap stamped tensioners (chain tugs).

Nothing fancy, just plain heavy steel. In other words avoid anything lightweight.

I've done the 'Puffer like that, no problems.

Back