MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

I've a Colnago Master X Lite which I have been procrastinating over for years, wanting to build with Campagnolo and top flite at that, but couldn't decide on period or modern(and wouldn't shell out for it either). My normal road bike hasn't turned a wheel since I got my Charge Plug so I'm going to commit a treasonous offence and move everything from my Planet X to the Colnago. It would seem 'correctness' has been abandoned.

I've an Ibis that I've been dawdling over for a looong time. I think there's only a few bits needed.

And a Gary Fisher HooKooEKoo. This is a strange one I've had the frame for yonks and had a plan too but never got round to it. Again correctness will be forsaken and I'm hoping to build a Rough Stuff/ Randonnee type vintage looking thing.

Re: Re:

kaiser":1imb4iec said:
Starting to feel a bit of a retro vibe coming back, a few projects to bring back in from the cold. Anyone else building anything? Might just be my limited attention span but it seems a wee bit quiet on the (retro)building front.
Just realised I don't need to buy/build another bike.

Just hold on to what I've got. It's all approaching retro status quite quickly now. :)

Re: Re:

epicyclo":3byvstiu said:
Just realised I don't need to buy/build another bike.

Heresy ah tell ye!

I've actually hit this point the other day albeit with walking boots and snowboard kit. I bought some leather care products and tried to revive my old boots. When I'd done I realised they'd be better placed in a museum or anchoring a small vessel. Ditto my snowboard kit, having a mooch around a shop and becoming befuddled by all the new boards I realised its nigh on 20yrs since I boarded regularly, everything I have is probably vintage.

Re:

Bit quiet on the bike front apart from rebuilding my Claud Butler Cape Wrath for Panda 4. He's also interested in a roadbike. Has also said he might challenge me to do the Corrieyairack next year :shock:

In terms of vintage - most of my hillwalking and camping gear is stuff I purchased as a teenager in the 70s. Has become pretty hammered and worn, replacement spare parts etc but mainly remains functional. Have newer boots obviously, but not that new :D

Re:

Anyone else watching Red Bull Rampage today?
Pretty sure I'd be killed to bits if I tried to ride down that stuff :shock: :LOL:

It's on Red Bull TV

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 357
clubby":1gucpwhe said:
Red bull TV is online. You do have a computer.......don't you?

I'm sure you can't watch live or pre-recorded TV from April last year, or was it this year :roll:
Without a TV licence.

Back