MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2qgzjnvx said:
Not that modern or nice Dave, just my Decathlon Hybrid with 29 x 2.35 tyres, fatbike forks and Clarkes cable discs. Modern and GT capable by my scrapheap standards :roll:

Niche points for the forks though! I nearly went uberniche recently, almost went for a drop bar mtb but sanity prevailed and I have a hardtail on the way- that's enough of a stretch for me...

Cracking ride in the sun today at Glentress with some good company. Stiff legs now after the drive home, glad I'm not working tomorrow.
Spare a thought for Velo who's currently just into a six 'til midnight shift, after blasting round all day on his single speed.
Cheers to Kaiser for suggesting it.

Well in guys, if the weather was anything like we had up the Lomonds...

DSC01141-01.jpeg

DSC01142-01.jpeg

DSC01147-02.jpeg

DSC01148-01.jpeg

DSC01152-01.jpeg

DSC01153-01.jpeg

Re:

After my chat with Kaiser and Clubby about more modern trail bikes I figured I'd better get something new to me as I got a right battering on my rigid single speed and could not keep up at all with they'm two. Realised new was utterly out of the question and hardtails are only a partial solution so into ebay I trawled for what I could afford. Eventually I thought GT i drives work for me even though my last one left me a wee bit unsure and thus I got rid. They are however common, I know they work and large frames are not in short supply. So just bought an early one for £380 delivered with full XT, air shock and Rockshox pike fork. A wee bit battered but thats to be expected and it looks good on pics plus seller has good rating so here's hoping it all works out for best :)

Back