MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Aye, that's right. You can get drop lever they'll work with but will need separate shifters. Or get road version bb7's.

Re: Re:

RobMac":17ab8ndo said:
Back to the drawing board the BB7's are the MTB version which have a different cable pull ratio apparently :?

I've got the TRP Hy/ro cable actuated hydraulic brakes, work with regular 105 drop bar levers, plenty powerful enough, as good as a full hydraulic I'd say. Only downside I can see is that the caliper is quite chunky looking as it's also got the hydro-reservoir attached to it.
Tried the TRP Spyre cable disc brake on a friends bike and they felt really good too.

When's the next MacRetro ride? My retro bike is still hanging up in the man cave, still wearing the dirt from MacDuro in September!

RobMac":1987rjfm said:
Back to the drawing board the BB7's are the MTB version which have a different cable pull ratio apparently :?
You can get Problem Solvers to adjust the cable pull. http://problemsolversbike.com/products/travel_agents. It is much less hassle to use the road version of the BB7 though.

I use the road version BB7 on one bike, but I reckon if you're buying new, look at the TRP Spyres.

I bought them to try them because they get rid on the one disadvantage of the BB7. They are dual action so there's much less faff setting them up.

That said the BB7s are a good brake.

(Usual disclaimer - all cable brakes can only good if your cables are good and preferably incompressible).

January is always the month of Bawbags, and it always make me think of you bawbags ;)

It has to happen this year and as long as its not the Puffer weekend then I will be there, for sure. We can't let this fine tradition fade away.

Jamie

i agree, if it's baltic (and lets face it, when isn't it baltic in January!) then bawbags has to take place.

kaiser":2rnpeor0 said:
Any appetite for a bit of Bawbaggin in January?
Definitely, time for some discussion in general about next year I'd say. Bawbags is usually a good start to the year though, proper old school trails to go with the old school bikes and riders :LOL: .

Re:

Aye, need Bawbags back for next year, preferably on a Sunday as I'm back to working most Saturdays again.

Back