MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Ohh, sorry mate, forgot the question :oops:
I do really like that Salsa, maybe its the green, but yeah I think a bit of paint breaks up all the raw metal and to me looks better. Thats just my opinion anyway, I know some people love the raw look.

Jamie

Love my Bud up front but the Lou must be tough work on the rear.
Looks tight for space even on that Moonie.

Jamiedyer":exlo85ts said:
Hi mate
...so come late January I am going to fit a set of Surly's 26 x 3 Dirt Wizards when they come in the country....
Jamie

They definitely fit the 1X1?

I'd better get a pair ordered. :)

I thought the Dirt Wizards were 26 x 2.75" not 3". The 2.75's will still be super fat by conventional bike terms.

Epicyclo, why would you fit these tyres, I thought you had Duro Wildlife Leopards in 26 x 3" flavour. I have a spare Wildlife Leopard currently in ZZ's paws thats surplus to requirements if anyone's interested.

velomaniac":1evo71dx said:
I thought the Dirt Wizards were 26 x 2.75" not 3". The 2.75's will still be super fat by conventional bike terms.

Epicyclo, why would you fit these tyres, I thought you had Duro Wildlife Leopards in 26 x 3" flavour. I have a spare Wildlife Leopard currently in ZZ's paws thats surplus to requirements if anyone's interested.

The Duro is more like a knobbly round black thing than a supple tyre though. The Dirt Wizards are 120tpi so should be a nicer feel to ride.

The 1x1 with 3" tyres would be like a 650B Krampus, so maybe that would make it a Krampino?

The truth is it's just me trying to justify hanging on to my RatRide 1x1. :) Already got the suitable wheels - drum brakes naturally.

Back