MACDURO!!! September 25th - 10.30 Balkello Woods Car Park

Re: MACDURO!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobMac":2xkguci2 said:
Davedownhill":2xkguci2 said:
see how the times stack up against the oldies..

Hey, that's a bit off me and OCP have got feelin's :(

:D Hehe, the riders still an oldie though!

Would bring the Orange, but not sure I'd trust it- not sure how much tinworm there is inside- I'm sure I can hear them wriggling about..

Re:

Dave, I'll be on a 23 year old Cracknfail Delta V! At least the top tube is pre-bent.

Re:

Dave has to show up on the Orange.

Its hardly fair to show up on a modern full sus carbon enduro bike because:
- Dave is already a sh** hot mtb rider.
- Dave already rides in modern Enduro's and is not scared like we are.
- Dave owns an all singing all dancing full on carbon full suspension bike bought specifically for taking part in enduros.

Hows he going to compare to the oldies ? He's not going to compare at all, it'll be extremely embarrasing even for our best retro riding rider :facepalm:

As for tin worm, thats a poor excuse as Clubby has pointed out and on the Pentlands I was riding a folding bike for pity's sake which thankfully did not fold at an unoportune moment :LOL:

Dave, pull your finger out, fit the forks you've been promising the orange and take the child seat off. Get with the program, this is Retrobike ;)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":hqrtq4pt said:
Dave, pull your finger out, fit the forks you've been promising the orange and take the child seat off.

Leave the child seat on that way you can give OCP a dry run ......................................... OCP before you get too excited I said 'run' :mrgreen:

RobMac":1uc7srm6 said:
velomaniac":1uc7srm6 said:
Dave, pull your finger out, fit the forks you've been promising the orange and take the child seat off.

Leave the child seat on that way you can give OCP a dry run ......................................... OCP before you get too excited I said 'run' :mrgreen:

He's got to pull his finger out of "somewhere" first :shock:

Edit for accuracy:
velomaniac":3v0k7smy said:
- Dave is already a sh** mtb rider.
- Dave already fails to finish modern Enduro's and is too stupid to be scared like we are.
- Dave owns an all singing all dancing full on carbon full suspension bike bought specifically for taking part in endures, which is usually pushed up the slightest hill by a mad panting red faced muppet

I'll accept the challenge if macretro can help me oot- Orange needs a new front wheel and fork, point me in the right direction and I'll ride the Orange!

Budget £100 absolute max for both, nae suntour or other mince for the fork (looking at you Smith!), and its a 1 inch steerer, threaded best cos it save me finding a stem and headset too..

Wheel just needs to be straight.. :D

Davedownhill":sabob8vn said:
I'll accept the challenge if macretro can help me oot- Orange needs a new front wheel and fork, point me in the right direction and I'll ride the Orange!

Budget £100 absolute max for both, nae suntour or other mince for the fork (looking at you Smith!), and its a 1 inch steerer, threaded best cos it save me finding a stem and headset too..

Great! :D be good to have another Orange there.

Will keep my eyes open for you, I do have a threaded fork but it's a budget Suntour one with a sticker on it saying "not for free ride or hard xc use" , so probably best avoided!

Davedownhill":sabob8vn said:
Wheel just needs to be straight.. :D

Nah..... I've heard that bent wheels help you corner better ;)

Re: MACDURO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that escalated quickly- new frame and forks on their way.. The seller was mighty Professional and Flexible on price. Should be a Beast of a bike when it shows up.. (See what I did there?)

Re:

So that'll be a Proflex Beast then, I was watching that, £185 with original Chubby fork :LOL:

H'mmmm maybe better get my Proflex Animal sorted so its got company ;)

Back