LTS shock and mech question.

FraggleMeTimbers

Retro Newbie
Hi, just a couple of questions.

1. I've a trunnion mounted RS Super delux on my 96 LTS DH, is it same stroke as a none DH shock, i'd check the springs markings but i know it was changed for a longer one as they couldn't find one with the right rate that short, mine is peeing oil out if I cant rebuild it I'll need to find a spare.

2. do they still make snap off mech bolts, the ones that were used before replaceable hangers? all my searches come up with hangers or weird bolts from screfix etc.

Thanks.

Re:

The DH uses a longer stroke than the standard model. They both fit each model but won’t work properly. Bought a DH once by accident for mine and wheel bound on frame at full travel. Might get away with normal shock on DH model but would reduce travel.

Break away bolt

https://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/P1583/product

Re:

I have a new old stock Rock shox trunnion shock. It is a longer stroke version. I believe it is for a schwinn 4 banger, but it should fit the lts dh. I bought it as a spare for my sts builds but I've since sold them. It only has rebound damping via red dial, not compression though.

Also have a break away bolt in blue by srp.

Re: Re:

FraggleMeTimbers":26lrrk2p said:
Cool, I'd fire you a PM but I'm not allowed yet, I'll have to spam some off topic threads for a bit :)

not the best idea as your posts will be removed and you probably banned :xmas-wink:

Back