LOVELY LITTLE LAVA DOME!!! 16"SOLD SOLD!!!

Ah right, then that explains the higher cost. They base the shipping on volume not weight.
something like 100cmX25cmX55cm should bring the cost down and you can pack a small rigid frame quite well in that space.
add extra pad to the headtube, bb, seatclamp area and put in a brace between the rear dropouts.
Slide some extra bits of card between the frame and box and ontop, and you're good to go.
The dhl euro service is good. Typically within 5 days.

90 :shock: , but 30 :? will think about it.

btw. just checked the 97 Kona brochure and found out that the displayed Lava Dome had a Canti bridge for the rear brakes, but this frame is missing such a bridge - does that mean its a mid year modell when Kona switched from Cantis to V's ?

Charlieboy28":2ktfbfsu said:
ooh fab info, what should i use as a brace for rear?

Most bike shops will have shed loads of plastic braces from factory packing kicking around if you can pop into one (even Halfords!). Alternatively, part of a dense cardboard tube cut to size or a wedge of heavy duty card built up and securely put into place is good. Have seen a threaded rod and bolts used either side of drop out, but that depends on your paint!

lol, you are the observant one magas, i had pondered this also, i had bought some NOS curve cantis for the bike, then also noticed the lack of canti bridge so decided on vs, then noticed the frame was too small,lol.

perhaps that does mean its mid season/year.

:LOL:

Charlieboy

Charlieboy28":269vrp81 said:
would an old rear skewer do?

Not really. Need something thicker to brace the stays. i've used an old rear hub before.
the plastic braces will be available from your LBS.
Or cut a bit of 1x1 wood and wedge it in or cut the end off a broom handle to size. Etc....

cheers for all the info guys, havent sold it yet though, two european guys interested, first come first serve though :LOL:

Back