Withdrawn 1995 Kona Lava Dome 20” Frame Only

mikecole

Dirt Disciple
1995 Lava Dome up for swapsies.

17” C2C and 20” C2T.
Frame only (no seat clamp, cable guides etc.)
Plenty of chips and surface rust, and the seat tube upper bottle boss has taken a knock and dented is slightly.
But, from as best as I can tell it seems to be structurally intact with good BB and brake boss threads.

I am looking to swap for a left hand M951 XTR shifter if a) a single one exists anywhere and b) someone wants a tatty Lava Dome for it 😂

Located in Southampton and would rather not post.

IMG_3818.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3819.jpeg
    IMG_3819.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3820.jpeg
    IMG_3820.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3821.jpeg
    IMG_3821.jpeg
    600.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3822.jpeg
    IMG_3822.jpeg
    510.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3823.jpeg
    IMG_3823.jpeg
    747.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3824.jpeg
    IMG_3824.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3825.jpeg
    IMG_3825.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi there, if your dream swap does not come off and this is a 20” Lava dome.. I have been looking for a 20” frame and forks from this era… I want to custom spray and have new kona headset, collar, genuine decals etc the only things taking away from this being a unicorn find for me would be a drive to the coast from wilts and lack of forks!
Food for thought if swaps don’t materialise…?
Regards Ben

Hi Ben, yep, it’s a genuine 95 20” Lava Dome, of which I do have the matching (threaded) P2s for but was intending to keep these back for something else…

However, I like the idea of this being a unicorn find for someone in the RB community and for me that outweighs my need for the shifter and I would be happy to cancel the swap request in favour of this and include the P2s if you’d be interested.

Drop me a DM and let’s talk :)

Mike

Might have the shifter I will have a look later, just checking this is a shifter not brifter, will add not interested in the frame

Apologies yes - shifter only please.
Sorry I did forget about this but will check after work tomorrow. I definitely have a left shifter somewhere which is not a brifter but challenge is finding it, and then if it’s the right variant.

I have a left m950 shifter. I also have the right but the plastic thumb has snapped off. I still have the broken off plastic bit which I don’t know if it can be glued. I can send you some pics of it via message if you are interested.

I have a left m950 shifter. I also have the right but the plastic thumb has snapped off. I still have the broken off plastic bit which I don’t know if it can be glued. I can send you some pics of it via message if you are interested.
Will drop you a PM 👍🏻

Back