Losing "grip" on reality

For the Karakoram, i guess?
Yes it is!! Really looking forward to riding it, but still have hubs and wheel tensioning to do. And grips to find. Oh and cables chain and gear set up.... all the mechs and brakes have been fully overhauled now.

Hoping I can still ride it flip flop stem flopped down.....

Thanks for that! Did think the MC ones wouldn't fit. sadly they are a better copy of the original GT grips with the profile. Bloody tyres & grips, well anything rubber/plastic can be tricky beasts to preserve!

They would be a good compromise, I have contacted the French repro grip company as I can't buy the grips from there website.

Thanks again

Thanks for that! Did think the MC ones wouldn't fit. sadly they are a better copy of the original GT grips with the profile. Bloody tyres & grips, well anything rubber/plastic can be tricky beasts to preserve!
Yes they are barrelled like the original, two sets may sort it out, going to check diameters on my motorbike this evening thanks

Yes it is!! Really looking forward to riding it, but still have hubs and wheel tensioning to do. And grips to find. Oh and cables chain and gear set up.... all the mechs and brakes have been fully overhauled now.

Hoping I can still ride it flip flop stem flopped down.....
I wouldnt even try that... just sourced some risers, and will get some red ritchey repro grips, cause i like them. Or red foam grips, maybe. Quality ride.

Sorry just clicked that you are the nice 1992 karakoram in the other post. V nice!!
Thx, just like yours!
unfortunately my original bars were cut shorter by someone, and i don't have the barends, so not really sad about changing them to riser.

Back