Looking for pictures of a Carlton Super Python

Ciccioformaccio

Dirt Disciple
I have recently purchased a frame of a (supposed to be) Carlton Super Python.

In order to be sure about the identification and the right choice of the decals I am looking for some pictures of a 50s Super Python.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

There were some on Jerry Mortimore's old site before the site came down, I beleive Dave Marsh now has/hold the content for the site Im told. No idea if/when this will ever come to light again...

Spokesmann":2q3u5dco said:
There were some on Jerry Mortimore's old site before the site came down, I beleive Dave Marsh now has/hold the content for the site Im told. No idea if/when this will ever come to light again...

Thank you, but up to now not found any pics on the web ... :( :(

Ciccioformaccio":39wzuged said:
Spokesmann":39wzuged said:

Yes, I wish I took a few screen grabs when the site was up and running.

You could try and email Dave Marsh an Universal Cycles.

Ciccioformaccio":1q83hfgg said:
Spokesmann":1q83hfgg said:

I just googled and found a few.....great bike.

Thank you for the reply and for the indication of the couple of web sites claiming to show a Carlton super Pythpn.
I have found the same pictures but I have some comments on the "originality" of both bikes.
That depicted at http://hetchinspete1.smugmug.com/Vintag ... &k=CvwBN6m appears to be quite original but I have some suspects about the shape of the lugs at the seat post region, Also the dating appear to me a little too old. I am non sure at all if in 1939 the Super Python was already in production (I don't think so). For sure the fork is quite different from mine.

The second bike appears to be much less original and at least the fork it is not original at all.
Other then forks, at least also handlebar, headset, brakes are replacements.
Not sure about the decals and colour that appear to be from a respray.

In conclusion it appears that a Carlton Super Python is quite difficult to find in original conditions.

Thank you for the precious high res. finding.
Great catalogue !! Really very informative ! It confirms that the Super Python was in production since 1937 !

Back