Wanted Looking for 700c 7sp wheelset compatible with 32mm tyre

Stormylolol

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

Looking for a 700c wheelset with a 7sp cassette on it, compatible with 32mm tyres.

Based in Glasgow so collection in person is very much ideal.

Thanks

Any 8/9/10 will work with a 3mm spacer.
Got this if any use...

Do you mean for a freewheel or cassette?
Ah good point - I don't think I am too fussed to be honest as either should work (as far as I can understand my situation). Do you think I should consider more carefully?
I'm currently at university and don't have any wheel specific tools to hand but should be good to mess with either back at home if needs be over summer. It isn't something I am expecting to need to take apart so for the minute I believe either should be fine as long as it is 7sp to work with my bike.

Currently it has Mavic MA40 laced on Shimano 600 hubs but these have an internal rim width of 13.5mm. I was thinking 32mm is too wide for it and am hoping to get something similar but with a wider rim from the forum.

I've run 37mm on such a rim, I wouldn't worry. Probably the main question is whether your frame has clearance for 32.

I've run 37mm on such a rim, I wouldn't worry. Probably the main question is whether your frame has clearance for 32.
From how it looks it should if I have the skewers halfway through the dropouts or further back. It is running 28s at the minute closer to the front and there is a good couple of mm on each side. I don’t think it’s worth trying anything wider than 32mm though plus I’m trying to obtain a vintage hardtail for anything that might require that.

Back