Look KG 243

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
This is a delayed post because......

I bought the bike in December and had it sent straight to the in laws, so this weekend was the first time I have actually seen & ridden in.

It's a Billato build KG 243, Comumbus Neuron tubing & a mix of Record & Chorus kit. All I have done so far is swap the seat pin and saddle. It now just needs new brake hoods, bar stem (don't like it), bar tape it's done, although that said I am on the look out for the steel chromed forks that were also an option on with these frames (the carbon ones have grown on me though now I have seen them in the flesh). The paint job is something else, so I'll try and get a few more pics up. It's in great condition, and compared to the frames on Ebay at the moment I got it for a great price.

Attachments

• KG243.jpg
    KG243.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 480
Very nice indeed. I'm very partial to a Look KG myself. I've got this Look KG96, its the newest bike I own and quite out of place with the rest of my machines but I have to say its a machine I absolutely love. look.jpg

Nice looking bike with great components. I would stay with the carbon forks. If carbon fibre does have a shock absorbing characteristic then that's a very good reason to keep them. I have a carbon cockpit, apart from the saddles, on my two road bikes, for increased comfort. My frames are stiff and rigid, one of them is aluminium with a carbon fork of course and the other one is Alu main frame and the rest is also carbon. The only problem is that i don't get many chances these days to do long rides to analyse the comfort theory.
I'm just curious and i hope you don't mind me asking but where is the photo taken? Is that the real Nottingham forrest?

Best Regards,

Back