Longuns 2018 day in the Peaks aftermath

Think the chain wrapped itself around it when I went into big ring, glad the frame survived tbh. Really should carry that ss tensioner I got for just those occasions haha

legrandefromage":1onvpmfi said:
Somebody still owes me a fiver

I still owe someone else a fiver

Lol I believe there was a fiver owed between you and Carl, and another lad, but there was also 10 owed to me for a couple of bits you had from me too haha :)

Spudly":2fn9q8on said:
legrandefromage":2fn9q8on said:
Somebody still owes me a fiver

I still owe someone else a fiver

Lol I believe there was a fiver owed between you and Carl, and another lad, but there was also 10 owed to me for a couple of bits you had from me too haha :)

I owe you somebody's fiver, which I think may well wrap up LGFs 'transactions' - but not sure.

If it helps, I had some brake levers off Carl, but he owed that fiver to somebody else (LGF?) who owed it to somebody else (You?) but there may have been some more links in the chain that I've forgotten. Let me know how you want reimbursing anyway and I'll get it to you (unless you owe anyone a fiver, in which case I can pay them...)

Si F

LongboardSi":23u9z2um said:
I owe you somebody's fiver, which I think may well wrap up LGFs 'transactions' - but not sure.

If it helps, I had some brake levers off Carl, but he owed that fiver to somebody else (LGF?) who owed it to somebody else (You?) but there may have been some more links in the chain that I've forgotten. Let me know how you want reimbursing anyway and I'll get it to you (unless you owe anyone a fiver, in which case I can pay them...)

Si F

Haha that's about right yes, so in theory, I need a fiver from you and LGF, and that 'should' sort it out, if we all concur, I think, lol :)

Re:

Next time, after the ride, all sleep with each other, the fivers owed will all be repaid in kind

Re:

I think the carpark transactions (not a euphemism) deserve their own thread, and a spreadsheet, and perhaps a dedicated ombudsman...

I've stolen as many pics as possible and put them with my few here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NaEbGsAKwMmeSoKf9

Fantastic day out as always, Peaks never disappoint, the random snow/mist/sunshine was 'interesting', the bikes - old and new - were great, all interesting in their own ways (but Weeman's smiley wheel wins the ride! :LOL: ). Oh and I guess you lot weren't too annoying either...

Cheers to Carl for the lift - meant I could start on the post-ride recovery beer early, then kept it going until three am, once again proving that I really don't learn :facepalm:

Look forward to next time!

Back