Limit screws? Are they all the same?

Spudalumps

Senior Retro Guru
I have a scruffy sora rear mech and the limit screws are a bit rusty nothing major just surface to be honest.

Question! Are all limit screws the same can I just buy replacements?

Having a look on eBay it’s just ones really that have been dropped off donors it surprises me that we never saw aftermarket anodised ones etc… we seem to of had every other screw/ bolt in a different flavour xD

Much love as alway brothers and sisters <3

I reduced the heads on a load of m4 cap heads so they fit in the hole. All of mine got replaced at ones.
If you don't have a lathe you can do it with a drill and a file in a couple of minutes.

Little touches. Lol
I also think that 50 coat something like 2.50 in screwfix.

I misread sorry. I replaced the d screw not the limit screws. Edit just checked M4 as Novo says. You could use M4 grub screws and the head size is no longer an issue. Don't have to be dog point if you can't get the length you want, a standard grub screw will do.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
As above. You can bling up a mech with some anno bolts the right size, and I find the hex heads better to adjust than the often fitted Philips head og ones.

As above. You can bling up a mech with some anno bolts the right size, and I find the hex heads better to adjust than the often fitted Philips head og ones.

Aren't the Shimano cross-point heads actually JIS? Not that I own a JIS screw-driver or ever tried ....

Back