Lightweight ISIS splined Bottom Bracket

Fully Chicken. Agreed too short for an MTB but Crank Bros made 2 versions of the Cobalt and this is the Road specific BB. I ran it perfectly with FSA Energy cranks with 50/34 rings.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3jweac5e said:
This a single ring thing as 108mm ISIS is short for an mtb.
113 was the standard short length.
Yes, I'm after one for a modern(ish) road bike - Double cranksets take 108, or at least mine does!

Re:

Here are a couple of pics. It's a 108 x 73. As you can see, it's new, comes with all the bolts, grease, stickers etc.

Attachments

• 2017-03-22 10.17.10.jpg
    2017-03-22 10.17.10.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 2017-03-22 10.16.36.jpg
    2017-03-22 10.16.36.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 388
Apart from the 73 shell it's perfect :( I guess I could use spacers but it's added grams and I'm only upgrading to satisfy my inner weight weenie (I've currently got the same model on the bike with the steel axle, which is about 60g heavier)

Just noticed that the BB packaging states 73mm, but the BB shell says 70mm, not sure if that helps. Price wise I was only looking for £40 plus postage.

ishaw":261a8i59 said:
Just noticed that the BB packaging states 73mm, but the BB shell says 70mm, not sure if that helps. Price wise I was only looking for £40 plus postage.
Interesting - 70mm shell makes it Italian thread, though, as far as I remember? What do the cups themselves say I wonder? Actually I had a discussion with an ebay seller a couple of months while back about exactly the same model BB that was also oddly labelled on the BB itself - the shell said 70mm and M36 x 24T which is the specification for Italian BB - but the cup markings said BC 1.37 x 24T which is the specification for British BB. I never pursued it as it seemed a risk.

Cheers

Re:

I've just checked the cups and they are 1.37x24. just to confirm i also tried them in a frame with a British bb specification and they went on fine. I didn't screw them all the way in, just a little to confirm they fitted.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back