light klanking noise in rim???

Or a split eyelet that will soon fail and allow the spoke to pull through the rim. Not to be the doom-seeker here but there are some bad things possible when loose metal rattles around in a rim. Take a look at it and be sure it's non structural. Piece of mind and all...;)

i built a some wheels for a fella i kind of didn't like as all he did was mank and moan and left a nipple floating in the front and rear :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: it took him weeks to figure it out :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i know bad :oops: :oops:

i do think it's the an insert that's loose, as it does seem like the sound is coming from the point where the rim is welded together.

there is absolutely no rattling sound when the wheel is shook by hand, so can it really be a spoke nipple? i checked the eyelets, at least on the outside of the rim and don't see any splitting.

the wheelset is almost mint condition with no visible wear on the brake surface. doesn't seem like it saw much mileage. so i think the rim is structurally sound.

I've got NOS Mavic rims which haven't been built which do it, so I suspect its not a nipple in the rim

Back