Lexus is200 project car/daily driver

LOL, its as bad as the kids putting massive spoilers on their fwd hatchbacks and wondering why the steering goes all floaty at 70.......

Bats":3imuql6e said:
A ten year old luxury car that's been round the world almost four times, with drug dealery aftermarket wheels, and rear suspension set up by someone who thinks he knows more than the blokes who made it in the first place.

That's dead classy that is. :D

Thanks for the input :roll:

Nice :cool:
In an ideal world i'd hand someone a nice big cheque and end up with one of these :D
But thats not going happen. It will be a gradual process and on the whole the mods will be done in house at work with the help of our CNC milling machine, amongst other things ;)

Attachments

• lexarse.jpg
    lexarse.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,426
seriously, I might not be a experienced mechanic but I know enough to say that if you lower the rear end it will take weight off the front end, it will effect handling massively and not in a good way either, if your set on lowering the rear end of the car at least lower the front end. im not just talking theory either, seen it done on one of these and it just ruined it. they designed it that way for a reason. lowering the rear end and combining that with those wheels your just going to loose the comfort of the car and ruin the handling. looks nice enough in the picture and that's coming from a 19 year old.

supra engine in the toyota above an big sticky tyres, ( bit of a drift fan ) most are going to v8s, ls1 engines ect.

as all above lowering is tricky to make it better, theres hubs they might do for your car that driftworks sell, they lower the car using the hubs not the springs so all the suspention stays the same, think there not cheap though

raleighrider21":j06d6ee4 said:
seriously, I might not be a experienced mechanic but I know enough to say that if you lower the rear end it will take weight off the front end, it will effect handling massively and not in a good way either, if your set on lowering the rear end of the car at least lower the front end. im not just talking theory either, seen it done on one of these and it just ruined it. they designed it that way for a reason. lowering the rear end and combining that with those wheels your just going to loose the comfort of the car and ruin the handling. looks nice enough in the picture and that's coming from a 19 year old.

I'm not having a go, but i've been dicking about with/in cars for more years than you've been alive.
I've spoken to a good friend who runs a business making race cars, and has done for many years,from the ground up. From Mini's to 800bhp quad turbo Evo's and everything in between.
He recommends 40mm-60mm drop at the rear with a 20mm-40mm drop at the front. Less body roll and more positive turn in being the benefits.

Grannygrinder":13j7im9y said:
raleighrider21":13j7im9y said:

I'm not having a go, but i've been dicking about with/in cars for more years than you've been alive.
I've spoken to a good friend who runs a business making race cars, and has done for many years,from the ground up. From Mini's to 800bhp quad turbo Evo's and everything in between.
He recommends 40mm-60mm drop at the rear with a 20mm-40mm drop at the front. Less body roll and more positive turn in being the benefits.
ive been around cars all of my life, been around tuning all of my life also, ive worked on high end cars such as Porsche cayenne`s, bmw`s, mercedes AMG`s as part of my apprenticeship im on with Halfords. so I do know a bit and im not completely clueless. what I was talking about was just lowering the rear as that's what it sounded like you intended to do. as I said if lowering the rear lower the front, just like your "friend" has told you too.

Back