Lemond tsx or tvt?

I bought the $499 one on e-bay it was a bargain being as it was one of the last ones with the lug less head tube (very few lug less ones around from what I understand) & in Lemond colours as well.
So that’s three I now have to build up, Two will be a replica’s of the 1986 TVT that the la Vie Claire used. With the straight seat stays that I talked about on here ages ago. I have most of the c-record parts for both bikes including the correct Ambrosia Metamorphesis rims.
The PDM Concorde TVT is now finished as well, I will try & get some photos posted of it. The trouble is things just take me forever to do these days.
Chris

Re:

TVT 92 frames are very light and super responsive in comparison to anything in steel, apart from perhaps a Raleigh 753, in my opinion. I have never ridden anything close to it and have owned a few Columbus tubed frames in my time.
You should be able to pick one up in VGC or NOS from £200 upwards or more if it's a nice original "Z" paint job.
Funny to think that a pal of mine bought a 1990 Delta Record LeMond TVT in almost unused condition some years ago for £800 - it was identical to the great man's bike in every detail right down to the little "Z" stickers and the Scott Drop in Bars!
I presume that the team must have released a carbon copy (pardon the pun) to the public after the 1990 TdF. Bikes never got any cooler than this . .

:cool:

Re:

Just looking at c record parts for the tvt frame, does anyone know what threads the tvt uses? British, French, Italian?

Of the seven TVT's I have 6 are british Thread & one is Italian,
on the BB where it stamped TVT55 there will be a letter indicating what the tread in the BB is
Ie
TVT55 B = british
TVT55 I = italian

Re:

That's some collection! Are you the chap who has the really nice low miles black LVC TVT frame? I always liked that 1987/ 1988 bike with the Dura Ace set up. Remember JFB slogging up Mont Ventoux on his?!

:shock:

Back