Le Tour 2012!

Its a sad day, but all to familiar for the cycling fan , that when somebody's good they are accused of being a doper. You'll never enjoy the sport if as soon as someone wins you wonder if they are doping. Has anyone accused Cavendish of doping yet? Surely his palmares shouts doper as well?

Anyway, terrific ride from Voeckler today :) that is how you ride a stage! As long as you have guys like him and Sagan etc you'll have an entertaining tour. I've decided I'm back in the hating Sky camp. They are killing the race, I thought the lowest point was when US Postal brought the boardroom to the race now Sky have brought the scientists and statisticians. In an interview Wiggins said of todays stage 'it was just a series of hills that I need to maintain 400watts over' Soon other teams will follow suit and it'll be almost as boring as F1 :(

Yep , as we said in France , nearly all the Panache is gone . Sky is nicknamed UK postal . :LOL:

as for Sagan, too fast too young . reminds me of Ricco .

kaiser":1ny6x465 said:
I've decided I'm back in the hating Sky camp. They are killing the race, I thought the lowest point was when US Postal brought the boardroom to the race now Sky have brought the scientists and statisticians. In an interview Wiggins said of todays stage 'it was just a series of hills that I need to maintain 400watts over' Soon other teams will follow suit and it'll be almost as boring as F1 :(

You can think like that or you can think that its also up to the other big names/teams to try and do something about it and force Sky's hand......

1210tech":zfg9sj92 said:
kaiser":zfg9sj92 said:
I've decided I'm back in the hating Sky camp. They are killing the race, I thought the lowest point was when US Postal brought the boardroom to the race now Sky have brought the scientists and statisticians. In an interview Wiggins said of todays stage 'it was just a series of hills that I need to maintain 400watts over' Soon other teams will follow suit and it'll be almost as boring as F1 :(

You can think like that or you can think that its also up to the other big names/teams to try and do something about it and force Sky's hand......

Quite.

The idea is to win. Sky have raised the bar and by some margin.

I'd rather the Tour be dominated by scientists and statisticians than needles and blood bags. Good luck to them.

kaiser":3tq28zbo said:
Has anyone accused Cavendish of doping yet?
The thing with Cav is he might win a sprint finish, but he doesn't go shooting off on a 100 mile breakaway up a super category climb the following day.

I truely hope i'm proved wrong, and no doubt will be ;)

One things certain; Nibbly is going to have to go for it big time tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see how Sky react. Can Wiggins stay with him, and if he can't, will Froome , leaving it every man for himself in the TT?

Good stuff!

Indeed, all the other teams must have known exactly what Sky's gameplan was going be once the squad was named. They've just not been good enough to do anything about it. A British 1-2 unless the wheels totally fall off tomorrow....

Great ride again by Voeckler today, plenty of Panache.

kaiser":jbe9qtmy said:
?......I've decided I'm back in the hating Sky camp. They are killing the race, I thought the lowest point was when US Postal brought the boardroom to the race now Sky have brought the scientists and statisticians. In an interview Wiggins said of todays stage 'it was just a series of hills that I need to maintain 400watts over' Soon other teams will follow suit and it'll be almost as boring as F1 :(

If it's legal and puts an incredibly talented British rider like Wiggo into a Tour winning position then all credit to them, this Sky team will never ride together in this way or with this lineup again, it's just getting the job done. I still find it massively entertaining myself.

I guess I'm just looking for Wiggins to stamp his authority on the race not Sky. It would be great today if he left them all and took the stage win, even Armstrong knew you had to do it now and again. I wouldn't discount him at least trying to catch Froome on the TT though.

suburbanreuben":1hk8qlrm said:
One things certain; Nibbly is going to have to go for it big time tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see how Sky react. Can Wiggins stay with him, and if he can't, will Froome , leaving it every man for himself in the TT?

Good stuff!

Nibbly :LOL: :LOL:

Back