Laptop probs

chrisv40":2r844xa0 said:
I put that malware program onto a stick off my Pc, logged onto the Laptop as a different user and installed it off the stick. Picked AntiVir2010 straight away and removed it :D

Thanks very much for all your help much appreciated the Mrs finally likes Retrobike :LOL: :LOL:

Great! :D

I'd recommend keeping malwarebytes up to date and running it regularly. Oh get Firefox too, most folks on here use it :cool:

I've always used Firefox but she liked Explorer, she is going to use Firefox from now on ;)

Thanks again :D

if you have one of these windows pop up while browsing

Don't Panic

Clicking on any part of that window will force malware[or worse] onto your system.
Heres what to do :D
Bring up task manager
To do this you press CTRL=ALT+DELETE at the same time
Look down the list on task manager for 'FIREFOX'
Click on it,then click 'END PROCESS'
[dont worry about the instability warning]
Basically you are just shutting down firefox using a different route
-------------------------------------
Go to control panel->internet options->general tab->browsing history
Press 'clear all' and make sure all the little boxes are ticked[you cant delete anything important here]
##If you reboot [switch off/on] your computer without doing the above,it will go straight to firefox and up will come the free scan/whatever##
Restart your computer ,then repeat the above steps[you probably wouldnt need to do it twice,but...]
Open firefox[dbl click]
Up should pop a box from firefox saying'oops we cant find the last page you visited etc etc ,what do yo want to do?'
"Restore previous session" or "start new session"
Click "start new session.
Bingo -problem solved,no free virus scan cheap scumbag method force install

HOWEVER

If after starting a new session the bloody thing appears again,then it means its already worming its way deep into your registry[dont be tempted to download a registry cleaner just cos i mentioned it ;) ]
For this you need good malware removal software.
Spybot seek and destroy is one free version i'd recommend,there are many others[each to their own :LOL:]ask about and you'll get a few links posted up.

NOTE -About registry cleaners

Go to any recommended site offering a free one
Download and install
Run
Follow its every instruction to the letter
Restart your computer

:shock: WHAT it didnt switch on????!!
Reinstall windows and all the system32 drivers
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Moral-
Dont touch the internal workings of your computer,even if it is highly recommended :roll:
A similar experience can be had by stripping a sturmey archer and re-assembling it whist inside a pitchblack room

dyna-ti":121avbhz said:
Moral-
Dont touch the internal workings of your computer,even if it is highly recommended :roll:
A similar experience can be had by stripping a sturmey archer and re-assembling it whist inside a pitchblack room

:LOL:

Google Hijack this its a free app that will scan for the files in the startup. You can then disable app adhoc until the critter goes away.

I made the change to Mac and use windows Virtual machines but still get caught out by malware now and again in the Virtual machine

Comodo Internet securuity is free and is very good I swear by it.

Latest posts

Back