Laptop probs

What anti virus are you running? You may need to disable it, as it's an .exe file it automatically thinks it's dangerous and blocks it from opening.

Just downloaded that malware program on my Pc, can I send it to a memory stick and install it on the laptop that way?

Oh bugger.

Put that malwarebytes program onto a stick and then reboot into safemode. You might be lucky and windows won't load that antivir2010.

Actually, on second thoughts don't reboot, ive had that in the past when i virus stops you accessing programs.

Have a read here first http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph ... ntry197941

I don't know how computer savvy you are, but if you are still having trouble installing that malwarebytes then have a look at this, you may be able to remove enough of the program manually to stop it from working so then you can install that malware bytes. Also what LGF said, using msconfig and unchecking any suspicious startup programs might work.

Code:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3721
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

2/10/2010 7:48:53 PM
mbam-log-2010-02-10 (19-48-53).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 137813
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 32 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 4
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Program Files\AV\antivir.exe (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d34d56e9-b37b-4c37-a854-1ac144592d5c} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d34d56e9-b37b-4c37-a854-1ac144592d5c} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{d34d56e9-b37b-4c37-a854-1ac144592d5c} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{45296DBE-C6F0-44C0-86B4-5AA85C61894B}_is1 (Rogue.AntiSpyware2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment\evapp (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment\evuninst (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\av (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Uninstall\AV (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UpdateCheck.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Uninstall\AV\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Desktop\Antivir.lnk (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AV\antivir.exe (Rogue.Antivir2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I put that malware program onto a stick off my Pc, logged onto the Laptop as a different user and installed it off the stick. Picked AntiVir2010 straight away and removed it :D

Thanks very much for all your help much appreciated the Mrs finally likes Retrobike :LOL: :LOL:

Back