Lampre-Panaria C40

gridno27

rBotM Winner
… as I was a little boy they are in the heaven of the bike dealer. This means the italian sculpture of frame building are under the roof of his shop. Now it's finished and I have my first Colnago frame based bike.

It's from the 90s and I build up it as the teambike of Lampre Panaria. Such a bile has been ridden by famours rider Maurizo Fondriest or Pavel Tonkov. Both won a lot of events on such a bike.

To find this bike was a hazard. I was sitting in Café in Frankfurt with a business partner.
Then I saw coming a group of young fellows with singlespeed bike. Among this singlespeeders was one bike in violet and a lot of reflecting decals. I go out to look at this bike and then the rider comes to asking me you interesting – you want to buy this bike.

I said I interesting for the frame – We found a price and so I get my first Colnago. And than a 1st Generation C40. I think he not really knows what he sold to me.

So enough about the story … here it is - look and enjoy …

my Lampre-Panaria Colnago C40 building up in the spec of 95s Teambike

Frame Colnago C40 1st Gen.
Fork Colnago Precisa Steel
Seat post Colnago frame livery painted
Groupset Shimano DURA ACE 74

- Crankset Shimano DURA ACE CS-7410
- STIs Shimano DURA ACE ST-7400
- Rear Derailleur Shimano DURA ACE RD-7402
- Front Derailleur Shimano DURA ACE FD-7410
- Headset Shimano DURA ACE HS-7410
Wheelset
- Rims Ambrosio Nemensis Durex 36h
- Hubs Shimano DURA ACE FH-/RH-7400
- Spokes DT Swiss
Stem ITM Eclypse
Handle bar ITM
Handle bar tape Ambrosio white
Saddle Selle Bassano Colnago C40 black/mint

Attachments

• Lampre-Panaria_C40 front.jpg
    Lampre-Panaria_C40 front.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,252
  • lampre_c40_crank.jpg
    lampre_c40_crank.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,254
  • Lampre Panaria Colnago C40.jpg
    Lampre Panaria Colnago C40.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,253
  • C40 Team Lampre 1995_1_25pct.JPG
    C40 Team Lampre 1995_1_25pct.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,252
  • C40 Team Lampre 1995_3_25pct.JPG
    C40 Team Lampre 1995_3_25pct.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,249
wow, correct forks too , like your seat post and even your pedals! looks like you gotta few wall mounted there. what she weigh 8.5kg? :xmas-cool:

sorry - I haven't weight "She" till now - Yes it mounted on the wall at my office, so I can enjoy "she".

I will weigh "she" later on when I will find time to weight "she"

Great stuff, you even got the correct saddle and doesn't that Shimano groupset look good on it! I would't get much done if I had that in my office.

Pat

Thank's to all - yes I think it's great but not perfect - refer to the teambike there is a yellow COLNAGO lettering
on the Top tube missing - Someone have a idea where I can found such decals in yellow coulour :idea: :)

Attachments

• C40_Fondriest.jpg
    C40_Fondriest.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,142
@oonaff - normally older ladies didn't like to ask about their weights - However I did it and the scale showed 9.05 kg.
For my opining this weight is caused by the wheels consist of doubled bailed Ambrosio rims with 36 spokes and the steelmade Precisa forks.

@nob - thanks for Gregs link - but he hasn't this lettering in his galerie. Alternatively I found this lettering at Dizzibird's website.
http://www.iwanit.co.uk

Thanks for your best wishes but the Lampre-Panaria C40 would be ridden only on sunny Summer days - normally I ride with a black Orbea Orca from 2008/9 and a Ordu TT from 2010 day by day but this are still no retro bikes - not yet but within a couple of years ... If the Orca become part of my collection I will complete it with a Shimano DA 7800 like Olympic Champion Samuel Sanchez's bike in Beijing 2008.

Back