Kris Kross (Herefordshire Fury) - Saturday 21 December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kris Kross (Herefordshire Fury) - Saturday 21 December 2

Yes but you can carry it round then! I will have my own cross to bear.

The History Man":napzzfwk said:
Yes but you can carry it round then! I will have my own cross to bear.

You can borrow my camelbak!

Re: Christopher Cross - Saturday 21 December 2013

mrkawasaki":2vezkomv said:
Tetchy lil thing, ain't we!!

Probably as well that I didn't post what I really think then.

I'll recheck the route and pub stop on Saturday and update accordingly.

Any updates on terrain conditions? Will need to sort some suitable tyres for the wifes steed I will be riding? :cool:

Yeah - advice on tyre colour please...

Attachments

• Three chords is jazz.jpg
    Three chords is jazz.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Christopher Cross.jpg
    Christopher Cross.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 292

You have choices? :shock:

:mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_2741.jpg
    IMG_2741.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 281

Got to be the Michelins, always thought coloured tyres looked cool, but then I have all the taste of a demented jackdaw :LOL:

On Saturday I ventured out to buy some cake - ordinarily I'm a home made chap but occasionally the artificiality of shop bought is what is required. It also made sense to ride part of the route and visit the pub stop to confirm that they are ok with muddy people in lycra turning up.

The cake quest was denied - they didn't have any battenberg - but I was not deterred nor deflated from the rest of the mission. Here's what I learned:
- semi slicks at 90psi were a questionable choice as the combination of clay soil and plentiful leaves created a tenacious wattle and daub that adhered to everything.
- the front brake is not your friend even when trees don't back down from a Mexican standoff
- mossy bark stains do wash off the Retrobike kit if you try to shoulder barge a tree (and incidentally, saplings are more solid than they look)
- slithering can be fun
- and so can the numerous opportunities for portage and running; I'm glad I have not lost the ability to be nimble on my feet
- horses and vehicles cause more damage than bikes but it's only bikes that are not allowed in the woods (that's right, we'll be spreading the cheek on Saturday 21st)
- the linking road sections are not insignificant so a cross bike is the best choice
- we'll need to move briskly so that we don't miss out on lunch which leads to.....
- ..... the pub doesn't mind dirty cyclists or us using their carpark so that'll be the meeting point www.crowninnwoolhope.co.uk

A couple of questions above on tyre choice. I'd say "not slick or semi-slick and as narrow as possible to avoid clogging" with colour up to the individual (although clearly has to simpatico to build and colour palette).

Are you all alone?
Are you made of stone?

:LOL: whats the distance to lunch? (just in case i need a head start) and is it pre order or ad hoc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back