Kona's page

Re:

That Kula is lovely, the black and red looks really good.

The Kaboom is a cracker of a frame as well, prefer a steel for a single speed myself but it's a beautifully made frame and a great colour.

Re: Re:

DominicH83":15gjqiid said:
That Kula is lovely, the black and red looks really good.

Thanks Mate for your opinion. I've got one more picture with original catalogue yellow Race Face crank but I think black one looks better.

0171%257E2.jpg

0229.JPG

Yeah I agree on the cranks. I've gone for a similar build colour scheme with my Hahanna, though yours is much high end. I swapped the frame for an 18" (from 16") and resprayed her, looks good as new.

I've been thinking about Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres, they'd look awesome on yours.

Attachments

• IMAG1956.jpg
    IMAG1956.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 933
  • IMAG1957.jpg
    IMAG1957.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 933
Re:

I love looking at this thread but I've not seen a new bike added for a while now :(

So I thought I'd add up my new purchase from last week, pretty much as new 18" 1997 Kona Kilauea. Originally came on Gumtree a week ago last Friday but someone beat me to it. Turned up again on Ebay and Gumtree one day later as his other half wouldn't let him keep it :LOL:

Original forks put back on and mostly original.

Took it for first ride yesterday and is extremely light and agile, very pleased.

Re:

Thanks for the kind comments, I really feel very lucky to have it. Not sure why the crank isn't stock, possibly an upgrade when the suspension forks that were on the bike were added. Luckily P2's also came with bike.

I know I'm quite silent on the site, but I spend many an hour looking at others bikes and projects. Hopefully I'll see a few more Kona's added to this thread, I think it had sunk to page 15 before my post!

My main trail bike, only recently was I able to identify it as a mid 90's Kona Hei Hei. Such a great riding bike! I am on the lookout now for some black decals with white outline... Only then will it be complete!!

123456.jpg

Back