Kona Titanium Serial Number List - update 16/04/24

KH18031 on eBay. Looks like a '98 to me.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What a beauty and rare, not just because the paint hasn't been stripped but it has all of it's original decals intact. Let's hope it stays that way. Also, a nice new sequential addition after KH17032.

KH17033 - Red Painted Head Tube, all original 1999 Decals

Last edited:
Ok, this is an odd one. If you're on sadface you will have seen this posted all over the forums and channels: what looks like a genuine Score.

But my spidey senses were in in overdrive. The posters user name, and the company they keep looks suspect. Some posts are for sale, or were for sale, others are not. Something doesn't seem right...

Low and behold, all post have gone. Thanks to @swannymere we have some screen grabs. It is a unique SN (KS15023) so have we reached the stage where someone is editing pics with bogus SNs? Or just scanning the web for any pics? Perhaps this is a genuine Score.

Anyway. Stay safe out there!

1708536129925.png

1708536148812.png

1708536156850.png

1708536165900.png

Lovely stuff and welcome to the best club in town ;) 👍

I've added her to the list:

B17403 - Short Seat Tube Extension, complete original '94 Decals; confirmation 95 Geometry.

As Pip explains, this was the period where Kona transitioned designs with Sandvick with the single season in 95 where they adopt the short seat-tube extension. I'm not clear on why this happened.

For 1994 there's a fuzzy line when some of those bikes start to adopt the different geometry and this is of those. More interestingly I've noticed that all of the 94 17" frames have that short extension...but the other sizes do not. Admittedly we only have 3 on record.

1708945006099.png

Did the finish vary throughout the years?

looking to refresh this 1994 model but its a little confusing on how it should look. Some examples are a high polish (like a Xizang) , some are lightly brushed, and some are untouched so have that natural patina to them.

How was they done when new?

Back