Kona TET

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Has this been outed already,

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Has this been outed already,

Yes -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'd be seriously interested to replace the one I let go bit it's way overpriced for the kit on it and he's not interested in a frameset split

Personally I don't think that the current starting price is too bad plus he's got offers on there. Change a couple of bits to match the rest of the m900 stuff and that would be very nice. Whilst I prefer original paint, it looks like Argos did a good job and they also removed a disc tab too. Hots don't come up that often.

Always wanted one but i've never really been in a position to afford one which leads me onto this question.
What makes a Hot so special compared to the next top of the range Explosif for instance. I know they're handbuilt but they don't seem to be fillet brazed is the tubing used of a much higher quality than what is used on the Explosif? I've always been intrigued about the difference obviously the Hei Hei is titanium so completely different.

I think the rarity factor as like you say, you could've bought an Explosif for a lot less so there's not many about. The early Tom Teesdale frames are nice as he was a respected frame builder. The last of the 853 Hots were built in the same factory as the Explosifs so were only offering a custom paint job. Think geometry was standard, not sure if that was ever an option throughout the years. Always happy to be educated though.

Personally I don't think that the current starting price is too bad plus he's got offers on there. Change a couple of bits to match the rest of the m900 stuff and that would be very nice. Whilst I prefer original paint, it looks like Argos did a good job and they also removed a disc tab too. Hots don't come up that often.

Why would it of had a disc tab if cantis too?

Was that an option?

Presumably that was an aftermarket addition, and given the rarity probably for the best if it was taken off

Back